Thursday 14 November 2013

Christmas Cards

Hello!!

Well it's been a couple of weeks since my last post, and I have been a busy little scrapper, BUT I can't share my layouts just yet because..... the last two layouts that I completed were both accepted for publication in Scrapbooking Memories magazine!!! Yay... isn't it so exciting to receive an email from a magazine saying that they would like to consider your work for publication?!? So you can imagine my excitement when I received two of these emails in the last two weeks!

Soooo... As I can't yet share my recent layouts that I've been working on, I thought I might share some of my Christmas Cards that I started working on last weekend. I had a card-making day with my Mum & sister on the weekend, and while there was lots of chatting, we did get down to business with our Christmas Cards :-)

Here are the first 5 that I created...



I kept them all fairly simple in design as I was going for quantity :-) Don't you just love the bright reds and greens of Christmas papers? I will let you know that most of the Christmas patterned papers that I used are Kaisercraft, but they aren't current ranges, they were in my stash from past years.

I used different techniques on each of them, so I will show you some closeups:


Not sure if you can see from the picture, but for this one I used a chevron embossing folder on the red cardstock (I'm just loving anything with chevrons at the moment!!). Then I just cut out some Christmas pictures from patterned paper and wrapped some pretty ribbon around and I was done!


Hexagons are another of my faves at the moment. The funny thing is, I've had this Creative Memories hexagon punch for probably about 8 years and I've hardy used it, but lately it's been getting a good work out! It's funny how things like this make a comeback :-) I also used my Die-Namics alphabet die to make the word 'joy'.


More chevrons :-) This one is a newly acquired border punch from Stampin' Up - I love it and I can see myself using it all the time!! I also used a Stampin' Up stamp and framelits die on this one, both of which belong to my Mum - that's the good thing about scrapping/card-making with friends... you can share each others tools!


This one might be my favourite, cos I love the polka dots! I used a mask and Distress Ink to create the polka dots... I was really pleased with how vibrant they look on the white card. I chose this patterned paper, because I think the round Christmas baubles tie in well with the dots. The 'celebrate' stamp is a Little Yellow Bicycle one.


 And last but not least! I used another embossing folder on the red cardstock for this one - I love the texture that dry embossing gives to an ordinary piece of cardstock :-) I fussy-cut the doily/flower from patterned paper, and the sentiment was cut from a Darkroom Door strip.

How are you going with your Christmas cards this year? We got into the Christmas cheer and had carols playing while we made our cards - it was so much fun!

I hope you enjoyed looking! I really appreciate the time that you take to come and visit my blog and especially when you leave comments. So thank you!!

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upcoming publications!!! I loveeeeeeeeee your cards!!! They are ADORABLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous cards! Congratulations on the upcoming publications too :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards and a big congrats to you! I'm not surprised though - your work is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete