Saturday 15 February 2014

Best Ever Nanna - Scrap the Boys Feb Challenge

Hello Everyone,

I hope that you all had a happy Valentine's Day yesterday and got to spend some time with someone that you love! This Valentine's Day marks 16 years since my husband & I started dating!!

Today I would like to share with you a layout that I created for the February challenge at Scrap the Boys...

The challenge criteria this month is to create a layout featuring your boy/s and
“Someone Special” in their life!

"Best Ever Nanna"


I have put off scrapping this photo for so long because it is a photo that is very precious to me and for this reason I wanted to make sure that I did it justice when I scrapped it. It is special because sadly it is the only photo that I have of Isaac with his Nanna. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with motor neuron disease when Isaac was a baby and the disease progressed so quickly that she passed away in just a few short months.

When I saw the criteria for this month's challenge at STB, I knew that this was the prompting I needed to finally scrap this photo. Nanna was certainly "someone special" in the lives of her grandchildren. She loved them unconditionally, she enjoyed spending time with them and she loved to dote on them. I wanted to create a layout that would be a reminder to Isaac about the special bond that he had with his Nanna, even if their time together was short. My journalling, which is a message for Isaac about how special his Nanna was, is tucked behind the photo in a glassine bag. I hope that in years to come that he might read it and be reminded of how much he was loved by his Nanna.

The pastel colours in the Heidi Swapp 'Serendipity' collection of patterned papers were perfect for my layout. The 'best ever' tab and butterfly sticker are also Heidi Swapp. I created the heart banner using punched out hearts and I popped them up on foam mounting tape for dimension.

A few more stickers, die cuts and a WOW wood veneer arrow pointing towards the photo were the finishing touches to my layout!

Thank you for coming to visit my blog... I'd love it if you leave me a comment to let me know you've been here!

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! LOVING the colors, the hearts and that flower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! thanks for joining in at STB Mandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, this is truly truly special and I am so glad that you shared it with us.
    I am sure that Isaac with treasure this when he is older.
    Thank you for joining us with STB this month.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I would have liked it, but HUGE Congratulations on the publication :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the publication, thank you for sharing it with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Publication xxxx Thanks for playing along with STB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your pub! Thanks for playing along with Scrap the Boys xxx

    ReplyDelete