Sunday 23 February 2014

Happiness - SUYS February Challenge

Hello!

Today I'm sharing a layout that I created for the February challenge at Show Us Your Stuff. The challenge is to use this quote:

[feb%2520quote%255B2%255D.jpg]

And as always you must use a handmade item on your layout as well.

Here is my take on this challenge...


I'm really quite happy with how this layout turned out. I often tend to use bright colours rather than pastel colours, but this time I used pastels and I think they worked perfectly for these baby photos of Isaac. I even used a touch of pink which I never use on 'boy' layouts, but in this case I think it worked :-) The background patterned paper is Heidi Swapp (I'm so loving using Heidi Swapp papers and embellies at the moment!) and the other patterned papers I've used are from the Pink Paislee Colour Wash collection (I totally fell in love with these papers as soon as I saw them!).

Here are some closeups of my layout...


I used the quote as my title. I had fun mixing it up by using a combination of mini alphas, shapes, and stickers for the title! I think that it creates a bit of interest. The heart is from a Heidi Swapp emphemera pack... I inked it up then I applied a coat of gesso to tone down the colour. The 'happiness' sticker is also Heidi Swapp :-) The '&' sticker is from an AC Amy Tangerine sticker pack.


This is my handmade item... banners! I cut these out from the reverse side of one of the Pink Paislee patterned papers so that they would co-ordinate perfectly.


A closeup of the embellishments on right hand side of my double layout. I used a few bits and pieces that I've had in my stash for awhile that matched the colour palette. I also tucked a paper doilie behind. Doilies seem to find their way onto most of my layouts... they're just great for layering and adding a bit of texture :-)


And here is a closeup of the embellishments on the left hand side. I positioned the wood veneer camera over one of the hearts on the patterned paper so that its peeking through the hole :-) The arrow is another Heidi Swapp embellishment and I've given this the same treatment as the heart.. a bit of ink and a coat of gesso.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my layout... Thank you so much for coming to visit my blog. I would love it if you left me comment!!

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos and the colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is magic Mandy! The pastels are perfect for this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout! I adore the colour palette you've used (I am normally a brights person too), and love the mix of elements used for the title. Thanks for playing along at SUYS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB double page Mandy! Gorgeous photos and super cute embellies. Love the colours you've chosen. Thanks for joining in at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet double! Adorable photos and colours. Thanks for playing at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such a sweet layout, so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over @ SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I love a great DOUBLE layout - you nailed it! Plus love the colours and use of the SUYS quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mandy, your page is gorgeous. Please contact the SUYS team on the blog or facebook to claim your prize. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete