Wednesday 26 February 2014

I love this girl - D-Lish Scraps February Challenge

Hi there!

Today I've got a layout to share that I created for the D-Lish Scraps February challenge. They provided this inspiration board to work with...


There is lots to be inspired by here!! This is the layout that I created...


I was inspired by the 'love' theme, as well as the colours, the hearts, the arrows on the card, and the clouds hanging from the mobile. I also used the sketch for design inspiration, but I converted it into a double layout.

I took these 'selfies' of my daughter, Abigail, and I when she was only 2 years old. We went away on a 'girl's weekend' together, just the two of us! We had so much fun and it was lovely to have some uninterupted quality time together! We so need to do that again...

The patterned papers that I've used are mostly My Minds Eye, except for the pink which is Imaginisce. The clouds and rainbow on my layout I fussy cut from a sheet of Kaisercraft patterned paper.

Here are some closeups of my layout...


I used a Stampin' Up Thinlits die to create the 'I <3 u' and then I popped a Heidi Swapp heart on top which I inked up with pink Versamark ink. The arrow is a wow wood veneer... they seem to be making an appearance on my layouts quite often of late!


These hearts are Heidi Grace chipboard stickers that I've had for ages... they worked perfectly with my colour scheme and also the theme of my layout. The flowers on my layout are Prima. You can also see in this picture that there's a clothing tag tucked in underneath the blue patterned paper... I used this to do my journalling on.


The little banners at the top of my layout were created using both a Stampin' Up stamp and a punch... I think that they're super cute! I used some foam tape to mount them up and give them dimension.


I created my title using Bella! chipboard alphas. The little mini alphas are Kaisercraft.

I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! I will love to read any comments that you leave!!

10 comments:

  1. oooh a double. great layout Mandy thanks for joining us at D-lish scraps this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your double page layout is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is JUST GORGEOUS!! LOVING the photos, the colors, the hearts and the clouds!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not often I see double page layouts, this is truly amazing, love what you have done with the inspiration board , thank for playing along xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving these happy photos and your take on the board is terrific
    Thanks for playing with us at D-Lish

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous page Mandy. Love that it's a double. Thanks for joining us at D-Lish this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely double spread! Thanks for playing along this month at D'lish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet are those pics! And I never thought of a girls' weekend when my daughter was two! Absolutely gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos and embellishing, great to see a double layout too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and I love that you made a double pager too! Thank you so very much for playing along with us at D-lish :)

    ReplyDelete