Saturday 21 February 2015

You are a Star - Stuck?! 1st Feb Sketch & Jot Mood Board

Hello!

Today I am sharing a layout that I created using the February 1st sketch from Stuck?! Sketches and the February mood board at Jot Magazine!

This is what the sketch looks like...

 

And this is the Jot mood board...

smallFEBRUARY MOOD BOARD 
When I saw this mood board, I straight away knew which photos I was going to scrap - I've had these photos of Abigail wearing a red, black and white dress waiting to be scrapped for awhile, and this was the perfect motivation! I was inspired by the bright red combined with black & white stripes on the mood board. I also included the word 'love' on my layout :)

 So here is my layout...
"You are a Star"


I love these photos of Abigail! They were taken when she was 3 1/2 years old on Christmas Day. We've had a tradition since she was a baby that each year she gets a new 'Christmas Dress' to wear on Christmas Day. She loved this dress because when she spun around in circles it billowed out and looked so pretty!

Here are some closeups of my layout...

 

My title is made up of chevron letters from Typo along with Ruby Rock-It mini alphas and a Heidi Swapp word.

To create the white splatters on my layout, I mixed gesso with a little bit of water to make it a runnier consistency and splattered it sparingly across my page.



I also added a few embellishments here including a BasicGrey flair and a Heidi Swapp sticker. To create the banner with the word 'love' written all over it, I covered a rectangle of cardstock with washi tape before cutting it into a banner :) I sort of came up with this because I didn't have any coordinating red patterned paper, and I think it worked quite well!


And a closeup of the small cluster at the bottom of my page :)

Thank you so much for visiting and taking a look at my layout! Thank you for any comments that you leave as well - I do love reading them!

Mandy

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and the doily!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is just adorable. The papers you choose accent the sweet photos beautifully! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, what a gorgeous mix of colours and elements!! So glad you joined us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page and the photos are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely layout! thanks for joining in with the Jot Mood Board challenge this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking palette and great mix of elements! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is really your happy place! I love the colors! So happy lo! :-)

    ReplyDelete