Sunday 31 May 2015

My Awesome Boy - Scrapbooking Top 50 and Paper Issues

Hello there and welcome!

I hope that you are having a lovely weekend! I have one last layout to share for this month. I created this layout for the May sketch challenge at Scrapbooking Top 50. The sketch looks like this:

May Challenge

What a cool sketch right? As soon as I saw it I knew that I had to play along with this one! I love the big star in the sketch!

So, here is my layout...
"My Awesome Boy"


I had a lot of fun creating this layout! The photo is of Isaac when he was 6 1/2 months old & was just starting to crawl! He has always been a busy boy & I love that about him! Like every little boy, he's always keen for some kind of adventure!

I also used some free cut files on my layout from Paper Issues:


I used the card with the stars as well as the one that says 'Be Awesome Today', but I rearranged the letters to say 'Awesome Boy'. I thought that I would also play along with the Paper Issues Red, White and Blue Link Party!

Here are some closeups of my layout...


I started my layout by first applying texture paste through a Kaisercraft stencil to the background. This is one of my favourite techniques for adding some subtle interest to a layout! I also flicked some blue watercolour paint onto the background. The red stars on the layout are the cutout pieces from cut file! The large blue star is Heidi Swapp and I coloured it using the same watercolour paint.


I backed the cut file with some cardstock and separated the layers with some foam tape to give it some more depth.


Because the title was fairly long, I moved it up here as it seemed to work better. Other than that, I stayed fairly close to the sketch apart from giving the main elements a bit of a tilt.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog & looking at my layout! And thank you to those who leave lovely messages as well!

Mandy

7 comments:

  1. Great page! I love how you tilted the sketch. Thanks for playing along with SBT50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful! Love that cute photo! Great take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous take on the sketch....love how your have framed the super cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the stars and that ADORABLE photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mandy - what a perfect photo to use with this sketch! I love what you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used the Paper Issues cut file!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love how you tilted the sketch! Great page, thanks for joining in at SBT50!

    ReplyDelete