Saturday 1 August 2015

Stuck?! Sketches August 1st DT Reveal

Hi there!

Wow, here we are in August already!! And a new month means a new sketch challenge at Stuck?! Sketches!! The lovely Laura Whitaker has designed another awesome sketch for us to work with...


And here is my layout that I created with this sketch...
"Cousins"


These photos are of my daughter Abigail with my nephew Charlie. My kids absolutely adore their cousin - they love playing with him and doting on him. He is very much loved by us all!

I had a lot of fun with this layout! The Heidi Swapp Hello Beautiful patterned papers were perfect for my layout!

Here are a few closeups of my layout so that you can see the details...


I had fun fussy cutting these flowers from the patterned paper and I love how they co-ordinate perfectly!


I kept my embellishing fairly simple with a couple of butterflies, word strips, enamel dots and some ink splatters.


For the circle element in the sketch I decided to use a pie chart! I cut this on my Cameo using a cut file from The Cut Shoppe. I love how I was able to include a few different patterned papers on the layout without it looking too busy by backing them behind the pie-chart! The word 'love' I die-cut with a Heidi Swapp die (It originally said 'lovely', but I wanted it to say 'love' so I cut the 'ly' off).

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts created by the other design team member - they are all super inspiring!! We would love YOU to join us this month by creating a layout inspired by this sketch and linking it up by the 29th August! The randomly chosen winners will receive a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:



Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for your lovely comments also!

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the circle, the butterflies and the colors!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the colours and the pie chart in the background! Thank you for all your inspiration at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete