Wednesday 21 October 2015

D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout - Hello Sunshine

Hi there!Today I am so excited to be sharing for the first time as a D-lish Scraps design team member! For my first project, I decided to create a layout for the October Inspiration Board...

"Hello Sunshine"


Here's a reminder of what the inspiration board looks like...


I had so much fun with this one!! There are so many things to be inspired by on the board!! I think that the colour palette is simply gorgeous and would lend itself to both masculine and feminine projects. Apart from the colours, I was also inspired by the birds and the big red flower on the cushion. I also based my layout on the sketch provided. I don't often use a grid format on my layouts, but I must say that it was quite fun embellishing each little rectangle!

So, lets take a look at a few closeups of my layout so that you can see all of the gorgeous D-lish embellishments that I've used on my page...


The photo that I've scrapped is of my nephew Charlie at my son's school athletics carnival. He was having so much fun running around on the grass in the sunshine that I just had to snap a few photos!! When I saw the colours for the October Inspiration Board, I knew that this photo would be just perfect!

Lots of the embellishments on my page are from the Summer Fiesta Just Add Paper Kit, and I have to say that I think this could be my favourite kit, like ever!! I LOVED the bright colours and all of the cute embellies!! This kit is now sold out, but many of the items in the kit are still available to purchase separately. To the right of my photo you can see that I've used one of the flair buttons from the kit, as well as a sprinkling of yellow sequins and a couple of resin roses.


I decided to use the washi tape in the kit to create my own custom 'patterned paper'. I simply covered a piece of white card with strips of the washi tape. I love that by doing this, it co-ordinates perfectly! To this part of the grid I added my title. How gorgeous is that wood veneer piece?!! I considered using some yellow ink on it, but I decided that I liked how it looked raw. (Here's a tip: if you're not sure how an ink/paint will look on your wood veneer, try it out on the back first to see if you like it, and that way if you're not completely happy, then you haven't altered the front.) Next to my title I've added a red cherry blossom and another flair button from the kit.


For this little rectangle, I've cut up a 5x7 chevron bag - another great way of adding extra patterns and layers to your layouts. I've attached my journal tag using the mini wooden peg from the kit packaging and I've added one of the yellow roses from the kit next to the peg. Tucked underneath the journal tag is a Pinkfresh Studio Foil Die Cut rainbow. I've also added some more sequins and a resin rose to this corner.


And lastly, here on this section, I've added a gorgeous triple layered crochet flower in red. I've been hoarding this for a little while waiting for just the right project to use it on, and when I saw the large red flower on the inspiration board, I knew that it would be perfect for this layout! I've also added a red word strip from the kit as well as a strip from the Life Documented Wordfetti pack. I love the wordfetti strips, they are one of my favourite go-to items and are great for adding little phrases here and there.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my layout, and for any lovely comments that you leave also! I hope that I have inspired you to play along with the current Inspiration Board over on the D-lish blog! Make sure you take a look at the rules for entering the challenge before you get started!

I will be back tomorrow with another share for D-lish! Until then, happy scrapping!!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the grid design!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely, I love how you have used the 4 blocks on your layout! Pretty colours too!

    ReplyDelete