Thursday 15 October 2015

Stuck?! Sketches October 15th DT Reveal

Hi and welcome to my blog!

Today I am sharing my design team layout for the October 15th Stuck?! Sketches challenge!

First up, lets take a look at the fun sketch designed by Laura Whitaker...


I really enjoyed creating with this sketch - I love that big star!!

Here's what I came up with...
"For the Love of Books"


I am so glad that I captured this precious moment of my older two reading together. Mostly these two get along quite well, but there are certainly times when they drive each other crazy! So I just love it when they do something like this unprompted!

I've used papers and embellishments from the Echo Park Paper & Glue collection on my page. Although it isn't technically a school themed layout, they were wearing their school uniforms, so this collection seemed to fit.

Here are a few closeups of my layout...


I used quite a few stickers from the Paper & Glue collection on my layout. It makes it so easy when you have co-ordinating stickers and embellishments with your papers! I added some foam tape to some of the stickers to create some extra dimension and interest. (I seriously couldn't live without that stuff - I use it on every layout!)


I cut my title using my Silhouette Cameo and a cut file from the Silhouette store - I thought it was very appropriate! You can also see here a Freckled Fawn star paperclip and another sticker mounted on foam tape.


And one last closeup to show you some of the details at the bottom of the page... Another Echo Park sticker and a word strip from D-lish Scraps that says "Never forget this moment...". I finished the page off with a scattering of star stickers and die-cuts and some ink splatters.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the fabulous layouts created by my fellow design team members - there are lots of different interpretations of this sketch! We would love you to play along with us by creating a layout inspired by this sketch and linking it up on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by October 29th! The randomly chosen winners will receive a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:



We will also be choosing one scrapbooker from each of our challenges to be a guest with us at a later date! So what are you waiting for?!!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you also for your lovely comments - they are very much appreciated!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and all the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a grat take on the sketch, love the layers and gorgeous embellishing!

    ReplyDelete