Tuesday 1 December 2015

Smile | Stuck?! Sketches DT Layout

Hi everyone!

I'm back to share with you the latest challenge that has just been revealed at Stuck?! Sketches! Laura Whitaker has design another fabulous sketch to get us inspired!! Lets take a look...


I rotated the sketch 90 degrees clockwise and I used just one photo instead of two, but hopefully you can still see how I was inspired by the sketch! Here is my take...

"Smile"


I used the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Flying High collection for my layout. Everything on the page including the papers, stickers, and flair are all from this collection! This photo of my Dad with my son is an oldie, from about 7 1/2 years ago... It was taken at my son's 1st birthday party!

Here are some closeups...


While I'm designing a layout I usually dust some powder on the back of my stickers so that I can move them around the page without having to stick them down yet. Then once I'm happy with the design I glue them down where I want them and add foam tape to the back of some to give them extra dimension!


I didn't want the banners stuck flat to the page, so I just glued the tops down and then curled the bottoms up a bit. I think it gives them a sense of movement!


There are sooo many great stickers that come with this collection... I've used one as the title for my layout, and I've added a cluster of other stickers here including arrows and stars and other bits and pieces! I also added a flair button on top of the large star sticker.


Up in the top right hand corner of my layout I've added a few more stickers and another flair button. Here you can also see some of the stencilling that I added to the background using a Kaisercraft stencil and Distress Ink.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the fabulous layouts that my fellow design team members have created! We hope that you will squeeze in some time during this busy month to play along with us at Stuck?! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by December 29th 
to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:





We will also be choosing a scrapbooker from each of our challenges to be a guest designer with us at a later date!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you also to those who take the time to leave a comment - it is very much appreciated!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that sweet photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is so fun, such a great clean page!

    ReplyDelete