Tuesday 22 December 2015

Sweet | D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout

Hi everyone,

I'm back today with another layout for D-lish Scraps to share with you! This one was created for the December Inspiration Board.

My layout features a sweet photo from my baby girl's newborn photo shoot when she was just 2 weeks old...

"Sweet"


Here's a reminder of what the Inspiration Board looks like...


How gorgeous is it?!! I was inspired by the pretty colours, the roses and the string of confetti. I used lots of items from the December Just Add Paper kit for my layout. These kits are such great value and make putting a layout together super easy! Although this kit has now sold out, most of the items are still available to purchase separately here.

To create my background I used light pink and yellow distress ink to create a watercolour effect and then I applied some modelling paste through a rose stencil over the top. I like the subtle colour and texture that this adds to the background. I then stuck the confetti garland that came in the JAP kit down the right hand side of my layout. This was one of my favourite items from the kit this month!

I created some layers underneath my photo using the mint spot tissue paper from the kit, some patterned papers, and a white paper doily.

Let's take a look at a couple of closeups so that you can see all the details...


I created a little cluster to the left of my photo using the 'Fruit Tingle' tag from the kit packaging, a medium white rose, a flair from the kit and an arrow word tab.


To the top right hand corner of my photo I attached a white peg and then I tucked the 'Date' die cut from the kit peeking out from underneath the photo. To the right of my photo I've added a small paper butterfly. These come in white, and are pretty left as is, but it's also very easy to give them some colour with inks and sprays. I mixed a gelato with some spray ink to get the colour that I wanted before painting it onto the butterfly with a paint brush. I created a flower cluster to the right of my photo using the yellow burlap flower and one of the pink apple blossoms that came in the kit, as well as another white rose. There were some really pretty wood veneer pieces that came in this kit as well, and I've used the word 'sweet' as the title for my layout. I finished my layout off by adding a phrase from the yellow minifetti sheet and the 'Remember this' die cut from the kit, which I used for my journalling.

Thanks so much for stopping by again today! Maybe you might be able to find some creative time after Christmas to be able to play along with our December Inspiration Board challenge? I will be back tomorrow with one last D-lish share for the month... This time it will be something Christmas themed!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Wow wow wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors the photos and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete