Tuesday 15 December 2015

Wish | Off the Rails Design Team Layout

Hi there!

I was so thrilled recently to have been invited to join the Off the Rails Scrapbooking Design Team!! There are so many talented people on this team and although I wasn't necessarily looking to jump onto another team, I could not say no to such an awesome opportunity!!

So today I'm sharing my first layout for Off the Rails. First up lets take a look at the gorgeous mood board for this month in case you haven't seen it yet...


I think it's Christmasy with a bit of a twist! I never would have thought of using these non-traditional colours on a Christmas layout, but I am so glad that I did, because I love the end result. So here is my take on the mood board...

"Wish"


I had these photos of my eldest daughter from last Christmas that I hadn't yet scrapped and the colours were perfect for this challenge!

I started my layout off by using the "packaging technique" to smudge some yellow, pink and blue Distress Inks onto my background to create a watercolour effect. Once that was dry I applied some modelling paste through a star stencil over the top.

Here are a couple of closeups of my layout so that you can see all the details...


To create the Christmas tree, I tried something new that I haven't done before... I covered some cardstock with strips of washi tape and then cut the tree using my Silhouette Cameo and a cut file from The Cut Shoppe. It cut through the washi tape really well. I think I will definitely try this technique again! I then decorated the Christmas tree with silver glitter stars and sequins. I finished it off by adding a beautiful Charms Creations star to the top!


I used the word 'wish' from the mood board as the title of my layout. I used the same technique with washi tape and a cut file to create the title. I then mounted it up with foam tape for extra dimension. To the left of my photos I created a little cluster that includes a journal spot, a flair, a sequin bow, a resin flower and a silver glitter star, all from D-lish Scraps. I finished my layout off with a sprinkling of sequins!

If you haven't done so already, pop on over to the Off the Rails Scrapbooking blog and take a look at the gorgeous projects that my fellow design team members have created! I hope that you will find some time in this busy month to play along with us and create a project using the mood board. Link up your project on the Off the Rails blog by the end of the month to be in the running to win a prize from our very generous sponsor Charms Creations:


Did you spot the pretty Charms Creations star on my layout?!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! LOVING the tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous.. love the colors.. and great fun photos! love the tree!!

    ReplyDelete