Monday 4 January 2016

Guest Designing for The Cut Shoppe

Hi there!

I am so excited to be guest designing for The Cut Shoppe this month! I absolutely love their cut files and use them all the time on my layouts, so I was absolutely thrilled when Ashley Horton, the super talented owner of  The Cut Shoppe, invited me to be a guest designer!

I created three layouts for my guest design team spot. First up is a layout featuring a photo of my husband and I taken recently on Christmas day...

"You're the one for me"


For this layout I used the So in Love cut file, which had the perfect phrase to use as the title for my layout! I also used the Plus Infinity background cut file, but instead of using it to create an entire background, I shrunk it down and used it for layering behind my photo.

This layout features lovely patterned papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, and embellishments from D-lish Scraps and Charms Creations.

And here are some closeups...




My next layout features a photo of my eldest two children having fun playing in the rain. Although the photo is a little blurry, I really wanted to document this memory, and The Cut Shoppe had the perfect cut files for me to be able to scrapbook this photo and bring it to life...

"Rainy Days"


For this layout I used A Walk in the Clouds cut file to create a fun background element. After cutting it out of white cardstock, I backed all of the open clouds with patterned papers from the Pink Paislee Atlas collection. I then mounted the whole piece up with foam tape to give it some extra dimension. For my title I used one of the phrases from the Moody Blues cut file set. The original phrase says 'Rainy days and Mondays', but I altered it as I only wanted the 'Rainy days' part for my title, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Here are a couple of closeups of this layout...




My final layout features a super cute photo of my youngest daughter on her 1st birthday...

"Celebrate"


For this layout I used the It's my Party cut file to create my title. This super fun cut file contains party themed phrases and icons, and is just perfect for scrapping all of those birthday photos that we have so many of!

This layout features patterned papers from Pinkfresh Studio and embellishments from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and D-lish Scraps.

And here are a couple of closeups so that you can see all the details...



I had so much fun creating these layouts for The Cut Shoppe, and I really love how they turned out! If you're looking for some fabulous cut files to use on your projects, I can't recommend The Cut Shoppe highly enough!

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my layouts! Thank you so much to those who leave lovely comments as well!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the GDT!!!! I love love love these!!! LOVING those clouds on the second one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete