Sunday 21 February 2016

Heart you | D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout

Hi there!

Over the next few days I'll be sharing some of my D-lish Scraps layouts with you. To kick it off, today I'm sharing my take on the current Inspiration Board challenge.

My layout features a lovely photo of my Mum with my youngest daughter and my nephew...


Here's a reminder of what the current inspiration board looks like...


Isn't this just gorgeous?! Every month when the inspiration board is revealed, I think "this is definitely my fave so far!", and then the next one is revealed and that becomes my new fave! But I think it will be pretty hard to top this one... I love it!! I was totally inspired by the yummy colours and the hearts! I also based my layout on the optional sketch, although I kind of added a few additional elements that weren't on the sketch.

I used lots of items from the February Just Add paper kit on my layout. Oh my goodness, there were so many beautiful items in this kit! Although the kit has now sold out you can still purchase some of the items from the kit here.

I think my favourite item in the kit this month was the heart confetti garland which I adhered down the right hand side of my layout! It is just stunning!

Let's take a look at a couple of closeups so that you can see all of the D-lish pretties that I used on my layout...


Amongst the layers behind my photo I included a 5x7 gold horizontal stripe bag (which I cut in half so that I can use the other half on another layout). Also tucked into the layers is a manilla shipping tag which I used to write my journalling on. I finished the tag off with some twine from the JAP kit. I tucked a doily in behind my photo, and created a lovely flower cluster on the top left hand corner of my photo. Included in the flower cluster is a white azalea and a light peach mini heirloom flower (both from Green Tara), as well as a large hot pink rose. Below the flower cluster I added an arrow word tab and a Freckled Fawn glitter chipboard heart (unfortunately these are no longer available).


One of my other favourite items in this month's kit was the scalloped glitter strip. I cut it in half to stretch it further and used it as a border along my patterned paper. I'm also loving the wood veneer pieces that have been making an appearance in the JAP kits lately... I used one from this month's kit as the title for my my layout! I created another little cluster next to the title using a journal spot and flair, both from the JAP kit, as well as another hot pink rose and a mini mint rose from a previous kit. Lastly, I tucked a Pinkfresh Studio ampersand die cut under the right hand side of my photo.

I finished my layout off by adding the date and a few gold ink splatters.

If you haven't had a chance to play along with our inspiration board challenge yet this month, you've still got just over a week to get your layout linked up! We've got some great entries in so far!

Thanks so much for popping by and taking a look at my layout. I'll be back tomorrow with another layout to share with you!

Mandy

1 comment: