Monday 1 February 2016

Nice | Stuck?! Sketches February 1st Design Team Layout

Hi again!

I'm back to share my design team layout for the February 1st sketch challenge at Stuck?! Sketches! Laura has designed another great multi-photo sketch to inspire us, and I really love the design of this! So let's take a look at the sketch...


I know Christmas has well and truly come and gone now, but I really wanted to scrap these fun photos of my daughter taken at one of our family gatherings this Christmas. Plus I am still loving the Pinkfresh Studio Christmas Wishes collection! So here's my take on the sketch...


My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had some fun christmas-themed photo booth props, and Abi had a ball playing around with them! I love the photos I snapped of her because they really capture her fun personality!

Here are some closeups of my layout...


I cut the stars out of patterned paper using my Silhouette Cameo.


I really love the rubber stickers that co-ordinate with this collection!


I added a wood veneer santa hat on top of my daughter's head in this photo... I think it adds to the sense of fun!


I finished my layout off with a sprinkling of star sequins. It ended up being a fairly simple scrapbook layout, but I wanted to keep the focus on the photos, and I love the patterned paper so much that I didn't think it needed too much.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the lovely layouts that my fellow design team members have created!  We would love you to play along with us by creating a layout based on this sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by February 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:




We will also be choosing a scrapbooker from each of our challenges to be a guest designer with us at a later date!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a lovely comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! LOVING those fun photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a CAS take on the sketch but I love it! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun photos, and what a fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun holiday page, love the colours and the photos!

    ReplyDelete