Tuesday 22 March 2016

Matilda | D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout

Hi again!

I'm back today to share another of my D-lish Scraps layouts with you. This time I've played along with one of the current Cybercrop challenges in The Scrap Suite! Here's my layout...

"Matilda"


I created this layout for Michelle's challenge, which is to be inspired by a project created by one of the D-lish Designers...


I've taken my inspiration from this gorgeous layout created by Michelle...


Michelle created a layout about a concert that she took her daughter to, and this inspired me to scrap some photos from when my daughter and I went to see the Matilda musical recently. I was also inspired by the way that Michelle used one large photo as well as some smaller photos. Other elements that I've used from Michelle's layout include the glittery silver title, a sequin bow, and typed journalling cut into strips. So much to be inspired by... Thanks Michelle!!

To start my layout off, I created a starry background using Distress Ink with the ScrapFX Star Confetti stencil. To add to the effect I also used some of the newly stocked Kaisercraft epoxy stars. I then created some layers using patterned papers as well as punchinella, washi tape, and a black and white stripe bitty bag. Speaking of washi tape, have you seen the new ones that have been added to the store?!? I absolutely love the gold and silver glitter washi tapes!!! I used the silver glitter one on this layout.

Once I added my photos on top of the layers I was ready to embellish!

Here are a couple of closeups of my layout...


To the left of my photos I added a flair button and a black Mini Heirloom flower (these are so pretty!). Underneath my title I added two wordfetti strips (I'm addicted to these... you will find them on most of my layouts!).


Under the top right hand corner of my layers, I tucked a journal spot which I used to add the date to. To the right of the photos, I added a sequin bow and one of the mini photobooth props that I had left over from my Hey Good Lookin Just Add Paper kit.

Have you checked out all of the great Cybercrop challenges in The Scrap Suite this month? You've got until Friday 15th April to play along, so still lots of time! I hope you join us!

Thanks for visiting today! I will be back tomorrow with my final layout for D-lish Scraps for the month!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Love your page! Gorgeous!! My daughter and I are going to see Matilda this summer. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete