Tuesday 1 March 2016

She Loves Watermelon | Stuck?! Sketches March 1st Challenge

Hi there!

I love the start of a new month because it means that all of the new scrappy challenges are revealed... So much inspiration!! I'm back again today to share the latest sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches! It's a fun multi-photo sketch, and what I love about this one is that it combines different size photos! Lets take a look...


And here is my design team layout based on this sketch...

"She Loves Watermelon"


I absolutely adore these photos of Eleanor! She had just finished eating some watermelon, and by coincidence she happened to have a picture of a watermelon slice on her bib, so they were the perfect photos for documenting her love of watermelon! When she eats it, we need to take her clothes off because she makes such a mess with it dripping down her arms! But she enjoys it so much, so I don't mind at all!

I started my layout off by chosing three different coloured Distress Inks that co-ordinated with my layout, and applied them through a stencil. I then added my strips of patterned paper using the Shimelle True Stories collection.

Here are some closeups of my layout...


How gorgeous are these flowers from D-lish Scraps?!


I love combining different fonts/font sizes to create my title!


I created another little cluster with more D-ish Scraps flowers and a flair button. You can also see here that I added a couple of word strips... Love how these add the perfect sentiments to my layout as well as another pop of colour!

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll head on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the lovely layouts that my fellow design team members have created! We would love YOU to play along with us by creating a layout based on this sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by March 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:



We will also be choosing a scrapbooker from each of our challenges to be a guest designer with us at a later date!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love that you chose colors that compliment watermelons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful! love the happy feel and bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful page Mandy! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Mandy, I am a huge fan of this page!

    ReplyDelete