Sunday 15 May 2016

Happy Boy | Stuck?! Sketches Design Team Layout

Hello scrappy friends!

It's the middle of the month and that means that it's time for the reveal of the May 15th challenge at Stuck?! Sketches! Let's take a look at the fabulous sketch designed by Laura Whitaker...


And here's my layout that I created using this sketch...


I had a lot of fun with this sketch! Instead of the circles behind the photos, I decided to use stars, which I cut on my Cameo using a cut file from The Cut Shoppe.

I just love these photos of my son when he was just learning to walk! He's now 8 years old and I'm still slowly documenting his baby photos! I must admit though that I do love going back and scrapping these photos of when he was so little! What a cutie!

My layout features patterned papers and embellishments from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Flying High collection with a few embellishments from some of their other collections as well.

Here are some closeups of my layout...


I love Cocoa Vanilla Studio embellishments!! To create my title I used a puffy sticker from the Free Spirit collection as well as a sticker from the Flying High collection. You can also see here a puffy star sticker and a woodie from the Hello Sunshine collection! I love how well these embellishments all co-ordinate even though they're from different collections!


I tucked a Charms Creations star under the right hand side of my photo and popped a Cocoa Vanilla flair on top.


I created another little cluster in the bottom right hand corner of my layout using more Cocoa Vanilla stickers and ephemera.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll head on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts that my fellow design team members have created! We would love YOU to play along with us by creating a layout based on the sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches?! blog by May 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:



We will also be choosing a scrapbooker from each of our challenges to be a guest designer with us at a later date!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! LOVING those adorable photos and all the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout! I love the way you used the stars in place of the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is just gorgeous, love the stars behind your photo.. great take on the sketch too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolute perfection, love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love those stars!! This page is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this! All of it! Wish I could get my hands on Cocoa Vanilla. ~DT

    ReplyDelete