Monday 23 May 2016

Happy Family | D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout

Hello again!

I'm back today with my final design team layout for D-lish Scraps for the month! I love playing along with challenges and the Cybercrop challenges in The Scrap Suite this month are super inspiring! Yesterday I shared my take on Sonia's challenge, and today I'm sharing my layout that I created for Michelle's challenge...

"Happy Family"


If you haven't seen it yet, this is the challenge that Michelle has set for us...


I love using cut files on my layouts, so this was right up my alley! I also included fussy cutting and a die cut on my layout!

I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe to create my title and I backed it with pretty patterned papers from the Paige Evans' Fancy Free collection.

Here are some closeups of my layout so that you can see all of the D-lish pretties that I've used...


You can probably tell that the wood veneers are one of my fave things in the D-lish store at the moment because I included them on all of my layouts this month! I used the wood veneer word 'happy' as part of my title on this layout, which I painted with black Heidi Swapp Color Shine. You can also see here the super pretty printed veneer butterfly that I used on my layout! In the middle of the letter 'a' in my title, I popped a flair button from the 'Washi Hearts Set B'.


I created some layers behind my photo using one of the lovely 6" lace doilies, a black stripe bitty bag, and a dip dye tag. I also added an arrow word tab to the left of my photo.


I tucked one of the fussy cut flowers underneath the right hand side of my photo and then added a white azalea and a red gardenia to create a pretty flower cluster. You can also see here one of the wooden heart buttons that I added to my layout.


Another one of my all time favourite D-lish embellies are the wordfetti and minifetti sheets! They are perfect for adding little words and phrases to your layouts, and I use them all the time! Here you can see one of the words from the black minifetti sheet.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at my D-lish Scraps design team layouts over the past few days. Thank you to those who leave lovely comments as well, it is very much appreciated!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING the title work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete