Friday 19 August 2016

Celebrate | D-lish Scraps Cybercrop Challenge

Hello Scrappy friends!

This weekend D-lish Scraps is celebrating their 7th birthday!! The fun has just kicked off over in our Facebook group, The Scrap Suite with the reveal of our August Cybercrop challenges! It was my turn to set one of the challenges this month, and I decided that seeing as we are celebrating D-lish Scrap's birthday that it was a good opportunity for us all to get those birthday photos scrapped. So my challenge is to create a birthday themed layout or project (it could be as simple as a birthday card!). Here's my sample layout for my challenge...


How sweet are these photos of my three kiddies on my youngest's 1st birthday!

My layout features patterned papers from the Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy collection. I love the pops of red teamed up with the grey, and the black and white stripes!

I started my layout off by cutting the large title and the stars on my Silhouette Cameo using cut files from The Cut Shoppe. I then added some strips of patterned paper down the right hand side of my layout and also a strip of silver glitter washi tape. I also added an arrow paperclip to the top right hand corner of my layout.

Here are a couple of closeups...


I added some layers behind my photos using a 5x7 diagonal stripe bag and a beautiful 6" lace doily. I then added a couple of wordfetti strips on top of the photos as well as a white cherry blossom.


I tucked a journal spot underneath the bottom photo to add my journalling to and I also popped a gorgeous magnolia flower next to the journal spot to create a little cluster.

I finished my layout off by adding some black ink splatters and a few wood veneer stars.

I hope that you'll come and join us in The Scrap Suite for lots of fun and great challenges this weekend! Here's a schedule of events so that you can keep track of what's happening...



Thanks so much for popping in today, and thank you for any lovely comments also!

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the stars and the title work!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout! Fabulous background and love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that large celebrate title. It's perfect! ~DT Vivian

    ReplyDelete