Monday 1 August 2016

Together | Scrap the Girls August Layout

Hi friends,

Well another month has rolled by super quickly and here we are at the start of August already! Who's ready for some fresh inspiration from our favourite scrappy challenge blogs?? First up today, I'm sharing the August mood board challenge for Scrap the Girls, designed by our very own Rikki Graziani...


How pretty is this! Lots of gorgeous shades of blue!

Here's my layout inspired by the mood board...


I really enjoyed creating this layout using a photo of me with my gorgeous girl! I originally chose the photo for this challenge because my daughter was wearing a blue shirt, but then I decided to print it in black and white because I thought it contrasted nicely against the blues.

I used patterned papers from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Hello Sunshine' collection as well as the Shimelle True Stories collection. I also used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe to create the large ampersand... I love how this looks!

Here are a couple of closeups of my layout...


Underneath the right hand side of my photo, I layered a pretty lace doily from D-lish Scraps and a die-cut frame from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I also added a wood veneer word from the CVS Colour Me Happy range that I used as the title for my layout, and I added some die-cuts from the CVS Hello Sunshine collection.


Over to the left of the ampersand, I created a little cluster with some more Cocoa Vanilla 'Hello Sunshine' goodies. You can also see here the super pretty flowers that I added on the bottom left hand corner of the photo. These are a couple of my favourite paper flowers from D-lish Scraps.

Lastly, I created another little cluster in the top right hand corner of the layout, to balance the page out. I used a flair button from the CVS 'Colour Me Happy' range, and another cherry blossom from D-lish Scraps.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Scrap the Girls blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts that my fellow design team members have created inspired by this mood board! I hope that you'll play along with us this month! Link up your layouts on the Scrap the Girls blog by August 31st to have a chance of winning a $25 voucher from our very generous sponsor Colour Blast!

Thanks for visiting and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who leave a lovely comment as well! I'll be back later today with my design team layout for Stuck?! Sketches!


Mandy

2 comments: