Sunday 4 September 2016

You & Me | Felicity Jane Studio

Hi friends!

I'm so super excited to be sharing my first layout with you as a Creative Team member for Felicity Jane Studio!!! What an absolute honour it is to have been chosen for the team along with such talented ladies!! It still feels surreal!! Just look at all the talent on this team...


Today I'm sharing a layout that I created using the August 'Maggie' kit. Take a look at all the gorgeous papers and embellishments that are in the kit...


Here's the layout that I created...


This is my favourite patterned paper in the kit!! I really love the geometric design and the colours!! I wanted to make the most of the angles on the paper, so I decided to arrange all of the elements on my page along the main diagonal line on the paper. The photo that I chose to scrap is one that was taken on Mothers' Day four years ago. I always make sure that I rope my kids into having a few photos with me on Mothers' Day, and I'm always so glad that I do because it's not something that we do often.

Here are some closeups of my layout...


I love the mini doilies that are in the kit! I tucked one under the corner of the photo and then layered two of the flowers from the sticker sheet on top. How pretty are these flowers?!! I popped some foam tape underneath them to give them some extra dimension. To finish the cluster off I added one of the gorgeous silicone charms on top. These are available to purchase as an add on to the kit, so you can grab yourself some extras! They can be found in the Felicity Jane shop here!


The project life cut apart sheet had this pretty geometric heart on one of the cards, and I decided to cut it out to use as an embellishment. I added some foam tape underneath it and popped a lovely flair button on top. I don't often do stamping on my layouts, but I absolutely loved the stamp set that came in this kit and it inspired me to add some stamping to this layout. I stamped the word 'perfect' onto white cardstock and cut it out to use as a little word sticker. This is a good way to include stamping onto your layouts if you are a little afraid of stamping straight onto your patterned paper. I also used the circle stamp by once again stamping it onto white cardstock multiple times, and simply cutting them out by hand to add as a finishing touch to my layout.


Wood veneer words are one of my fave embellishments, and this one was just perfect as the title for this layout! Once again I added foam tape underneath to raise it up a little. (Can you tell I love my dimension?!!)

I finished my layout off by adding some journalling, as well as a couple of hearts from the sticker sheet and asterisks from the alphabet set.

As you can see, there are just so many gorgeous things in this kit, I don't think I could pick a favourite!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my layout, and for any lovely comments as well!

I'll be back to share some more projects with this kit over the month!

Mandy

1 comment: