Saturday 31 December 2016

Christmas Album | Felicity Jane Studio

Hi scrappy friends!

Can you believe that 2016 is coming to a close and that very soon we will be welcoming in 2017?! This year has flown by! But there is so much to be thankful for from this past year, and I look forward to what 2017 will bring!

Today I'd like to share with you another page that I've created in my Christmas album using the Felicity Jane 'Oh, Deer' and 'Hello, Christmas!' kits. In case you missed seeing the first few pages in my album, I shared them over on the Felicity Jane blog, and you can see them here. I'm documenting all of our Christmas memories since 2004 when our first baby was born, and today I'm sharing my spread for 2006...


I love that this spread is all about the photos... These beautiful people are all so dear to me and I love looking back at these precious memories that we shared together. I used patterned papers from 'Hello, Christmas!' kit, and a few embellishments from the 'Oh, Deer' kit. I love that these two kits coordinate seemlessly! How gorgeous are the acetate pages in 'Hello, Christmas!' kit?! I love this one that says 'believe', and it was an easy way of adding more detail and interest to my spread without having to do any work!

Here's a closeup of the left hand side of the spread...


I had so much trouble narrowing down the photos that I wanted to include on this page, so in the end I decided to create 6x8 collage of my favourites. Because this side was quite photo heavy, it didn't need too much embellishing. I simply added the year on the left hand side of the bottom photo using Felicity Jane white Alphabet Stickers, and a sticker from the 'Oh, Deer' kit on the top right hand corner. I also added a strip of the washi tape from the 'Oh, Deer' kit down the right hand side of the page.


On the right hand side of the spread I included a photo each of Andrew & I with Abigail. She was 2.5 years old this Christmas, and it was so lovely seeing how much she really enjoyed the festivities this year. Love these special memories!


I used a card from the 'Hello, Christmas' kit in the top right hand pocket. I love the scallops, and the pretty colours, which coordinated perfectly with my photos! I typed my journaling onto vellum and then cut it up into strips to add to the card.


Okay, this is my favourite part of this page... a shaker pocket!! I filled the pocket with pretty sequins from the 'Oh, Deer' kit, and added a label which I stamped on using one of the 'Hello, Christmas' stamps. I love the movement and interest that the sequins add to the page... So much fun!!

Well that's it from me for today, and this year!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support over the past year, and wish you all a very happy and safe New Year!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment