Wednesday 1 March 2017

So Lovely | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I'm up on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog sharing a layout that I created using the super pretty new Wild at Heart collection! Over the next couple of weeks, the design team will be sharing lots of beautiful projects showcasing the various items within the Wild at Heart collection! My page that I'm sharing today focuses on the patterned papers as well as the ephemera. These are two of my favourite things from the collection!

Here's my layout...


I documented a photo of my youngest daughter that I took a little over a year ago. I just can't get enough of her beautiful blue eyes, and her curls, and this photo captured both perfectly!

How absolutely stunning is the Artisan patterned paper that I used for my background!! I love how it adds the look of mixed media to the layout without having to do any of the work! And the colours are so pretty!!

Here are some closeups...


I started my layout off by creating lots of pretty layers behind my photo. I included a die cut frame and doily from the ephemera pack, as well as a chipboard frame, a 3x4 card that I cut out of the Patchwork patterned paper, and a label from the sticker sheet. I love the dimension, and all of the pretty colours peeking out from behind the photo. I also tucked a flower from the ephemera pack underneath the corner of the photo, as well as the die cut piece that says 'cherish these moments' under the right hand side.


Here you can see more of the layers behind my photo. I also added the 'memories' die cut piece on the bottom right hand corner of the photo, and adhered it using foam tape to give it some extra dimension.


The patterned papers in this collection have lots of images that can be fussy cut and used as embellishments on your pages. I think that I'll be doing lots of fussy cutting of these butterflies from the Mariposa patterned paper, because they are so beautiful! I added some foam tape underneath their wings to make it look like they are fluttering off the page! I cut the piece that says 'so lovely' out of the Fussy Cuts patterned paper, and used this as the title for my layout. I layered it with a small chipboard frame to complete the cluster.


I finished the layout off by adding some typed journaling cut into strips, and a few sparkly enamel dots.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today! I hope that you've enjoyed taking a closer look at some of the patterned papers and ephemera from the Wild at Heart collection!

Mandy x

1 comment: