Monday 1 May 2017

Fun Days | Stuck?! Sketches May 1st Challenge

Hi friends!

I'm popping back in to share my layout for the May 1st challenge at Stuck?! Sketches! Here's the fabulous sketch that we have to work with, designed by the talented Laura Whitaker...

Image may contain: text

I decided to use one larger photo in place of the three smaller photos on the sketch. Here's what I came up with...


I love this photo of my eldest two kids walking along the beach. Last year we decided to go away for the weekend to celebrate Fathers' Day, and we stayed in beautiful Port Stephens, just a couple of hours away from where we live. This particular beach is one of my favourites... It's SO beautiful!

I used the lovely Endless Summer collection from Cocoa Vanilla for this layout.


There are so many beautiful embellishments in this collection! I used a couple of die cuts from the ephemera pack to create the title for this layout. I added some foam tape underneath them for some extra dimension.


I created a lovely cluster of embellishments to the right of the photo that includes a Charms Creations DIY heart, a flair button, wood veneer anchor, and a wooden button. I love all the different textures within this cluster!


Above the photo I added two clouds from the collection - one is a die cut and the other, a wood veneer piece. I also added a little banner up in the top left hand corner of the layout.

I finished the layout off with a little bit of journaling, and a few enamel shapes here and there.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll head on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the fabulous layouts created by my fellow design team members! We'd love you to play along with us by creating a layout based on this sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by May 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:


Image may contain: plant and text

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy x

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the soothing colours and unique photo size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout! It so tender... Do you mind if I lift it for my personal use & put your Name+Blog as my inspiration? Thank you

    ReplyDelete