Monday 1 May 2017

Hello | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I'm up on the Cocoa Vanilla blog sharing my first layout using the AWESOME new 'You ROCK' collection!! I've always been a fan of Cocoa Vanilla's boy themed collections, and this one is no exception! The bright and bold colours in this collection are amazing!!

Here's my layout...


I documented a photo of my son that I took a few months back. I love that it captures his happy personality! I've found that the best way to get him to smile naturally for the camera is to photograph him when he's doing something that he enjoys - in this instance he was playing with his new remote control car that he got for Christmas!


I started my layout off by creating some layers of patterned paper for my photo to sit on. As I said earlier, I absolutely love the colours in this collection, so I wanted to use a range of papers that really showcase all of those fabulous colours! The papers that I used are In Line (B-side), Stripped (B-side), and Plus One. I also matted my photo with the Night Sky patterned paper. On the left hand side of my photo I added the wood veneer word 'hello', which I used as the title for layout. I LOVE the wood veneer pieces in this collection!! I also popped a flair button to the left of my photo as well.


I created an embellishment cluster on the bottom right hand corner of my photo that includes a chipboard sticker, a die cut ticket from the ephemera pack, and a star that I fussy cut from the Starshine patterned paper. To create varying heights within the cluster I added a couple of the embellishments on top of the photo, and tucked the die cut piece underneath.


I added strips of patterned paper to the top and bottom of the layout using the Stripped paper. I also added a piece of washi to the top of the page. How fun are the new washi stickers in this collection?! I created a little cluster up in the top left hand corner of the page that includes a die cut piece and a wood veneer star. To complete the layout I scattered some more stars diagonally down the page.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today! Keep your eye out for the fabulous new 'You ROCK' collection hitting retailers very soon!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment