Thursday 1 June 2017

Awesome | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends!

Today I'm up on the Cocoa Vanilla blog sharing another layout that I created using the fabulous 'You ROCK' collection! I'm absolutely loving the bright and bold colours in this collection!


I took this photo of my son on Easter Sunday last month, and I just love that it captures his happy personality! (Of course it probably helped that he'd just collected basket full of chocolate Easter Eggs!)


I really wanted to feature some of the gorgeous patterned papers in the collection on this page, so picked a handful of them that complemented my photo, and then cut them up into strips of various widths and lengths. Most of the patterns that I used are from the Stripped patterned paper, and I also used Night Sky and In Line (B side). I arranged the strips of paper down the page and then used my sewing machine to stitch them onto the page.


I can't get enough of the wood veneer shapes in this collection! I used the word 'Awesome' as the title for my page and painted it with black ink to really make it pop! I added a chipboard sticker underneath my title, and one of the fabulous rubber charms to the right. I popped another one of the rubber charms on the top right hand corner of the photo. They are so soft and beautiful!


I matted my photo with the Plus One (B side) patterned paper, and then added some foam tape underneath to give it some extra height and dimension. On the left hand side of the photo I added a wood veneer star. I also added two chipboard arrows to the left of the photo, which help to draw the viewer's eye towards the photo.


I added a third point of interest at the bottom of the page to complete the visual triangle. I adhered a strip of washi tape, and then on top of that I added a camera which I fussy cut from the Random patterned paper. I also added another wood veneer star.

I finished the layout off by adding some accessory stickers and die cuts around the page, as well as a scattering of enamel dots.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today!

Mandy x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, I love the bright colors and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete