Thursday 1 June 2017

You are Special | Stuck?! Sketches June 1st Challenge

Hi everyone!

Here we are in June already, and the start of a new month means that it's time for a new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches! Laura has designed a lovely multi-photo sketch for this challenge...

Image may contain: indoor

Here's my take on the sketch...


 These photos of my youngest daughter make me laugh, and I love how they really capture her funny and sweet personality! She was wearing her older sister's beanie backwards, and wanted me to take photos of her while she made kissy lips! Love this girl's personality!

I used patterned papers from the Crate Paper 'Cute Girl' collection on this page, and a mixture of embellishments from Charms Creations, Felicity Jane, D-lish Scraps, and Bella Blvd.


The title 'You are Special' is a Heidi Swapp stamp, and I love how it looks stamped onto the textured cardstock! On the sketch, the title is underneath the photos, but I decided to move it above the photos, as it seemed it fit better there for me. Underneath the photos I added a gorgeous Charms Creations Hot Pink Star with a D-lish Scraps flair button on top.


I fussy cut a couple of flowers from one of the patterned papers, and popped one to the right of the photos, and the other to the left. The yellow label sticker is from Felicity Jane, as is the 'About You' stamp.


I added a strip of patterned paper along the bottom of the page, and then in the bottom right hand corner I adhered two little phrase/word strips, one from Felicity Jane, and the other from Crate Paper.

I added some journaling to the layout, and then lastly, I added some enamel dots, some Bella Blvd puffy star stickers, and a few black ink splatters.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll head on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the fabulous layouts created by my fellow design team members! We'd love you to play along with us by creating a layout based on this sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by June 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:


No automatic alt text available.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy x

3 comments: