Saturday 1 July 2017

Beautiful | Cocoa Vanilla

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a layout that I created using the STUNNING 'Wild at Heart' collection! I'm still crushing on the beautiful florals in this collection, and so I wanted to create a layout featuring these!


I documented a photo of my eldest daughter Abigail & I. We recently enjoyed a fun girls weekend away together, and of course we took lots of selfies to remember our little getaway! On the first morning we went for a walk down to the beach to enjoy the sunshine, and this was when we took this photo. Of course I wanted to scrap it straight away!

I used the reverse side of the lovely Artisan patterned paper as the background for my layout. I also added a strip of the Double Dot paper down the middle of the layout, with a thin strip of the reverse side of the Patchwork patterned paper tucked under both sides to give it some definition from the background.


I matted my photo with the reverse side of the Luscious paper, and then layered two of the beautiful chipboard frames from the collection underneath the photo. I love the dimension that this creates! I couldn't go past the 'beautiful' chipboard sticker as the title for my layout, and it fit perfectly sitting just above the photo! You can also see here that I added a little tab sticker on the top left hand corner of the photo.


I had so much fun fussy cutting those gorgeous florals on the beautiful Luscious patterned paper! I might be strange I know, but I actually find it quite therapeutic! And I absolutely love the end result, so I think it's worth the effort! I arranged them under the bottom edge of the photo to create a base of sorts for the photo to sit on. I like how they also frame the bottom half of the photo nicely. I made sure that I only added glue to the centre of the flowers as I wanted the leaves to lift off the page which gives the floral clusters dimension and movement.


There was some negative space on the left hand side of my photo, so I stuck a chipboard butterfly there, and then added the little 'happy' die cut just above that. I also cut the word 'together' out of the Fussy Cuts patterned paper, and tucked it under the bottom edge of the photo.

I finished the layout off with a couple of die cut butterflies and some pretty enamel dots.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment