Monday 22 January 2018

All kinds of Awesome | Vicki Boutin

Hi everyone!

I’m so excited to be sharing my first layout as part of the Vicki Boutin design team!


My layout features photos of my beautiful daughter Abi, all dressed up for her dance concert at the end of last year. I absolutely love these photos of her, but when I look at them, it reminds me of how fast she’s growing up! I want time to slow down a bit! I must admit though, that I’m really enjoying the age that she’s currently at, so I won’t complain too much!

The Vicki Boutin‘All the Good Things’ collection was just perfect for documenting these photos! I used both sides of the Pretty Words patterned paper as the background for my layout. Usually I like to use a white or a light coloured background for my layouts, but in this case I really loved how the photos popped off that paper!


To start my layout off, I applied the Silver Creative FX Glaze through a VB stencil, to give the effect of a chandelier at the top of the page. Then while the glaze was still wet, I added some silver glitter over the top. I LOVE how this turned out, and it matched beautifully with the glittery silver dress that my daughter is wearing in the photos!


I used a couple of the cardstock die-cuts, as well as one of the paperclips from the On the Edge embellishments pack, to create a cluster underneath the photos. I used the one that says ‘All kinds of Awesome’ as the title for my layout!


I created a second cluster above the photos that includes more of the die-cuts and another paper clip. I adhered some of the elements in the cluster with foam tape to create some extra dimension and interest. I also used a couple of the die-cut frames to tuck in behind my photos as additional layers.


At the bottom of the page I layered together two of the journaling spots from the die-cut frames pack, and I added some typed journaling to the top one. This completes a visual triangle, along with the two floral clusters, which helps to direct your eye around the layout.

I finished the layout off by adding a few of the watercolor stickers, as well as an epoxy circle from the finishing embellishments pack.

If you’d like to see how this layout came together, you can check out my process video over on my YouTube channel…


Here’s a complete list of all of the products that I used to create this page…
Double-sided Patterned Paper – ‘Pretty Words’
Stencils – All the Good Things
Creative FX Glaze – Silver
Mixology Accents – Silver
Ephemera Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons
Ephemera Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments
On the Edge Paper Embellishments 
Watercolor Stickers

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a closer look at my layout! I had so much fun creating it!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment