Monday 15 January 2018

Precious Little Moments | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to be sharing my first layout using the brand new Cocoa Vanilla More than Words collection! I absolutely LOVE this collection, especially the soft pastel colours and the beautiful florals! It's just so pretty!! I couldn't wait to start creating with it!

Here's my layout...


On this layout I documented a couple of photos of my youngest daughter Eleanor and I, taken a few months ago. If you're anything like me, then you're probably behind the camera more than you're in front of it. So when my hubby offered to take some photos of me with the kids, I happily handed the camera over to him, and I absolutely love the photos that he took. I think they beautifully capture the love between my daughter and I!

I started my layout off by covering the top half of the page with the Sketchbook patterned paper. I absolutely love the look of the hand-drawn flowers on this paper, and the soft hints of colour. So pretty! I also added a thin strip of the Darling Buds (reverse side) patterned paper under the bottom edge of Sketchbook paper, and I tore the edge of it to give it some texture. Next I matted the two photos with the Treasure (reverse side) patterned paper, and adhered them side by side in the middle of the page.


I created a little cluster of embellishments on the top left hand corner of the photo on the left. The cluster includes a label, a small floral cluster, and a little banner, all from the die cut ephemera pack. Above the photo I added a couple of the little word stickers from the sticker sheet as well as a little chipboard heart sticker.


I added some foam tape, and tucked a chipboard frame, underneath the photo on the right. This helped to give it some nice dimension. I then created a second cluster on the right hand side of the photo using a die cut butterfly, a flair button, and a chipboard heart. I also tucked another little word sticker under the bottom edge of the photo.


Underneath the photos I added my title and journaling, as well as a few more pretty embellishments. I created the title using a word from the chipboard sticker sheet, combined with a little banner from the die cut ephemera pack. I added my journaling to the page using my typewriter, and then I embellished around the title and journaling with some leaves and florals from the vellum accents pack. I finished the layout off with a few of the cute little enamel shapes.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a closer look at some of beautiful papers and embellishments in the More than Words collection! Make sure you keep your eye out at your local retailer in the coming weeks for this beautiful collection! I guarantee you'll love it!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment