Tuesday 27 March 2018

Beach Day | Vicki Boutin

Hey friends! 

Today I'm sharing a layout that I created for the Vicki Boutin design team, and this time it's a double page spread! It’s been a long time since I’ve created one, and although it was a bit of a challenge, I had a lot of fun creating it, and I’m happy with how it turned out! Here’s the completed layout… 


I had a play with the brand new Vicki Boutin watercolors on this layout! The colours are gorgeous… So bright and vibrant! I used a brayer to apply the paint to the background, starting off with yellow. 


Once the yellow was dry, I applied the teal over the top, using the same technique with the brayer. I mixed together a blue and a green to make the teal colour. 


After I had applied this, I felt like it was a little too dark, so I decided to apply a coat of gesso over the top to tone it down a little. I still wanted to be able to see the teal, but just didn’t want it to be quite so dark. I applied the gesso using both a brayer and a palette knife, and I like that this also adds some more interest to the background. 


Once the background was dry, I added some strips of patterned paper down both sides of the layout. I distressed the edges of the patterned papers to give them some texture and interest. Then I was ready to bring in my photos and start embellishing the layout. 

I included five photos that were taken on my birthday last year when we spent the day at the beach. I love that by creating a double page spread, I was able to include all of these photos on the one layout! I added some craft foam underneath a couple of the photos to raise them up and give them some extra dimension. 


I embellished the layout with some beautiful brightly coloured butterflies from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection. A couple were from the die cut ephemera pack, and the others were fussy cut out of the Social Butterfly patterned paper. I added some craft foam underneath the wings of a couple of the butterflies to make them look like they were floating off the page. I love the dimension that this adds to the page. 


I added my title to the page using the chipboard Thickers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection. I LOVE these alphabet stickers – they’re so versatile! Underneath my title I added my journaling, which I hand-wrote onto one of die cut journaling spots. 


I finished the layout off with a few word stickers from the cardstock sticker sheet, and some enamel dots. 

Thanks so much for joining me today! Maybe you’ve been inspired to try out a double page layout as well! 

I have a process video for this layout if you’d like to watch how it came together… 


Here’s a list of all of the Vicki Boutin products that I used to create this layout… 

Watercolors 
Gesso 
Roller Phrase Stamp 
Mister Bottles 
Cardstock Stickers 
Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons 
Cardstock Die- Cuts – Frames 
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments 
Double-Sided Patterned Paper – Blossom to Awesome 
Double-Sided Patterned Paper – Social Butterfly 
Double-Sided Patterned Papers – Good Vibes 


No comments:

Post a Comment