Sunday 1 April 2018

Precious | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends!

Happy Easter to you and your families! Whatever you do to celebrate Easter, I hope that you have a lovely day!

I wanted to take the opportunity to create an Easter themed layout to share with you today! The beautiful soft pastel colours in the Cocoa Vanilla More than Words collection makes it perfect for scrapbooking your Easter memories! I documented a couple of photos of my youngest daughter from last Easter. I love the joy that children find in the small things (like being allowed to eat chocolate eggs before breakfast on Easter!). Here's the layout that I created...


I started my layout off by trimming about 1cm off the left hand side and the top of the page. I then matted the layout onto the reverse side of the Effervescent patterned paper and added some machine stitching along those two edges.

Next I chose four of the papers out of the 6x6 paper pad and layered them together on the background. I didn't trim them down, I just used them as is. This was a quick and easy way of creating a matt for my photos to sit on. I also tucked three chipboard frames from the Wild at Heart collection into the paper layers. This adds some extra interest and dimension to the page.

I matted one of the photos with the reverse side of the Darling Buds patterned paper, and the other with the reverse side of the Treasure patterned paper. Then I got to work embellishing the layout!

I created a small cluster to the left of the photos, that includes two floral die cuts, and a little word sticker from the accessory sticker sheet.


I created a second cluster to the right of the photos. Here I layered together some more die-cuts, as well as a couple of chipboard stickers from the collection. How perfect is that little bunny die-cut for adding to an Easter themed project?!


For my title, I used one of the words from the chipboard sticker sheet, and I also added another floral die-cut to the right of the title, completing the visual triangle.


I finished the layout off with some grey ink splatters, and a sprinkling of enamel dots.

Thanks so much for joining me today! Maybe you've been inspired to document your Easter memories using the beautiful More than Words collection as well?!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment